Farm & Food Care is launching a nation-wide farm photo contest with $4,000 in cash prizes available for winners in six categories.
Winning photos will be used in the updated 2017 edition of The Real Dirt on Farming, a publication that answers common questions about food and farming practices in Canada. For more information on this publication and to view the 2014 edition, visit www.RealDirtonFarming.org. Photos may also be used in other Farm & Food Care initiatives.
- Canadian Farm Scenes – Capture the beauty of Canada’s rural landscape;
- Farm Faces – Unique farm family photos, farm friends or a photo of farmers at work;
- All about Animals – Farm animals in the barn or field;
- Farm Innovation – Technology at work on Canadian farms;
- Crazy about Crops – Photos of crops being grown in fields, orchards or greenhouses across Canada;
- Farm Fun – Be creative! We’re looking for photos of people having fun while farming;
- $350 first prize in each category
- $200 second prize in each category
- $100 third prize in each category
* Non-winning entries used in The Real Dirt on Farming booklet will receive $50 per photo.
- All entries must be photographs taken in Canada.
- Entrants must own the rights to the photos they submit.
- The contest is open to all residents of Canada.
- Winners' names and photographs will be published on FarmFoodCare.org and may be used in the 2017 edition of The Real Dirt on Farming or in other Farm & Food Care initiatives.
- Farm & Food Care reserves the non-exclusive right to publish any entry and/or use any entry in promotional and advertising materials. Photos published will be credited to the photographer where possible.
- By participating in this contest, each entrant agrees to provide Farm & Food Care with the non-exclusive rights to use their images. Participants agree to the terms and conditions outlined within.
- Entries are to be digital photographs and submitted electronically as jpeg files to firstname.lastname@example.org (Emails must be no more than 10 MB in size)
- Cropping of photos is permitted, tonal or colour corrections are acceptable.
- Winners will be required to submit a high-resolution file suitable for print reproduction (at least 300 dpi at 6 x 9 inches.)
- Photographs that have won any other contests or have been published in a magazine or newspaper (except online) are not eligible.
- Individuals can only win once per category, but may win in multiple categories.
- Limit of two entries per category per entrant.
***FARM SAFETY REMINDER – When taking photos for submission, please keep in mind the safety of those involved.
When submitting photos, the following contact information must be included:
- full name
- phone number
- email address
- province where the photo was taken
- category to be entered in
All entries must be received by email by end of day on July 14, 2017.
The winners will be selected by a national panel of judges. Judges' decisions are final.